SUMMARY: Emacs SQL mode

From: <jwishnie_at_gb.swissbank.com>
Date: 8 Jan 1995 16:18:09 GMT

Hello,

A few weeks ago I asked for pointers to an Emacs SQL mode so I could stop using ISQL, Sybases amazingly brain-dead command line interface.

I got several suggestions including some folks who went through much trouble to send me dsql, a version of isql with emacs style line editing.

But, the best answer was the mode available at the elisp archive.

for Sybase users:
ftp://archive.cis.ohio-state.edu:/pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/modes/sql-mo de.el.Z

for Oracle users:
ftp://archive.cis.ohio-state.edu:/pub/gnu/emacs/elisp-archive/modes/sql-mo de.tar.Z mmencoded

Thanks for all the help!

  • Jeff