Re: Archive process too slow - please help

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 1995 20:29:00 -0500

-> We have 4 logfiles, 260 Mbytes each. We used to have 30 10Mbyte
-> logs, but on the advice of a consultant we drastically increased
-> the size of these. This eliminated the problem until recently. We
-> think the reason the problem has cropped up again is that mrp was
-> tuned. This causes it to do even MORE I/O.

Cut the log file to a smaller size so that they switch more often, and copy them to different tape drives. The copy can overlap. Assuing you have 2 or more tape drives available, problem solved.

Internet: barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com (Barry Roomberg)