Exporting a fixed length file...???

From: Rick Ewing <ewing_at_mail.vhp.vanderbilt.edu>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 1995 18:28:12 GMT

I'm a bit of a novice to the world of Oracle, but I'm wondering how any of you export a fixed-length
text file (versus something tab delimited) out of a standard Oracle utility. There are ways
of course to futz around with this in client software, but I'd like to be
able to direct my Unix
machine to do this automagically under cron. Can it be done? How?

--Rick Ewing

  Vanderbilt University
  ewing_at_vhp.vanderbilt.edu

--
--Rick Ewing (ewing_at_mail.vhp.vanderbilt.edu)
  Vanderbilt Health Plans, Vanderbilt University   The Harvard Group, Inc.

Original text of this message