Re: V6 Grant to view

From: Alvin Law <alaw_at_oracle.com>
Date: 4 Jan 95 02:16:28

In article <1995Jan3.212647.8477_at_emma.ruc.dk> mettej_at_emma.ruc.dk (Mette Jespersen) writes:

> Granting to views on tables owned by system and others
>
> I've got problems - when I'm granting to a view, based on tables owned by
> system and another user.
>
> I've made a view based on 2 tables owned by system and 2 tables owned by
> another user. I've granted select to public on all tables, and granted ALL to public
> on the view. BUT I'ts only users which have been granted DBA, who can acces the
> view??? Other users can create a copy of the view, and acces it without
> problems.
>
> Is there a special restriction on system-owned tables, that I'm not aware
> of?

If you grant a view owned by user A to user B when the view contains selects from tables owned by user C, you are also implictly granting select privilege on user C's tables to user B through user A. Hence you also need grant privilege on C's tables to A, even though C might have already granted select privilege on its tables to B directly.

This is ture even if B and C are the same user.

--
      ___
     (o o)

ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel