How to keep the sequence?

From: <tanmy_at_merlion.singnet.com.sg>
Date: 3 Jan 1995 16:13:39 GMT

Hi,

Currently, I am building an application using Gupta's SQLWIN to access Oracle's Database.

My problem is that I do not know how to keep the sequence of each individual rows as according to what is entered in the Screens.

Example:

            Screen

-------
R1 -> aaaaaaaaaaa

R2 -> bbbbbbbbbb
R3 -> cccccccccc

(where R1 = Row 1 of Screen).

When the user insert another row, it should looks like the following:

            Screen

-------
R1 -> aaaaaaaaaaa R2 -> xxxxxxxxxx -> newly inserted row
R3 -> bbbbbbbbbb
R4 -> cccccccccc

The user is allowed to insert/delete/update any of the rows (but the input sequence is important).

So, can someone tell me how should the Oracle Table Schema looks like and how do i implement such application using SQLWIN.

I would really appreciated anyone who could share me a clue/hint.

Thanks a million. Received on Tue Jan 03 1995 - 17:13:39 CET

Original text of this message