Bug/Feature in Oracle Reports 2.0.13 ???

From: Spencer H Moore <Spencer.H.Moore_at_tek.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 1995 17:22:27 GMT

I'm trying to figure out if this is a bug or a feature of Oracle Reports 2 running under Motif in a Unix environment (Sun):

Let's say I'm trying to produce a simple report. I'm selecting from a table where one record from the table produces one or more pages on the report and I'm using a between pages trigger. Generally what should happen is this:

a record is retrieved

a record is retrieved
the between pages trigger fires

a record is retrieved
the between pages trigger fires

a record is retrieved
the between pages trigger fires

etc...

This happens fine when I run interactively, but when I run with batch=yes the result is more like this:

a record is retrieved
a record is retrieved
a record is retrieved
a record is retrieved
etc...

the between pages trigger fires
the between pages trigger fires
the between pages trigger fires
etc...

So the between pages triggers all fire at the end! Needless to say, this screws up what I'm doing in the between pages trigger! Anyone had any experience with this? I don't have a workaround (I'm trying to count pages produced for each record and then update the record to reflect the number of pages created). Any ideas?

Thanks.

Spencer Moore
smoore_at_ariscorp.com Received on Tue Jan 03 1995 - 18:22:27 CET

Original text of this message