Re: Report writer on Unix platforms

From: Adam Hoffman <hoffma_at_rpi.edu>
Date: 29 Dec 1994 13:10:42 GMT

In article <1994Dec27.153028.7862_at_aristo.tau.ac.il>, smadar_at_armon.co.il (Smadar Fuks) says:

>Hello there,
>
>I need recommendations on a report generation tool.
>I am working on various Unix machines and I need to have a C
>or C++ interface to the tool. A graphical builder to customize the
>reports will be a benefit too.
>The reports I need are textual and graphical (pies, bar charts ...).
>
>Does anyone have experience with Oracle report writer or with
>SQR tool by Miti ?
>

>Thanks for any help
>
>Smadar
>e-mail: smadar_at_armon.co.il

I have worked with SQR for a over two years and find it to be an excellent tool. It is very flexible in the following:

  • Include DDL and DML statements directly in a routine
  • Procedure based so as to be like a 3GL
  • Include Postscript commands in reports
  • Dynamic variable creation and use of substitution variables such as the creation of dynamic "where" clauses
  • Fairly easy to learn

There is a GUI version out but I have not yet used it. Received on Thu Dec 29 1994 - 14:10:42 CET

Original text of this message