Re: Forms 3: Keeping pop-up page on screen.

From: Michael Nolan <nolan_at_helios.unl.edu>
Date: 29 Dec 1994 05:04:43 GMT

dhiltz_at_whsun2.whoi.edu (David Hiltz) writes:
: I would like to display the page then have it remain on the screen while
: I navigate to another block. I get the page to pop-up (as long as I
: navigate into the pop-up page, but as soon as I leave the page/block, it
: disappears.

The easiest way to do this is to have ALL of your pages be pop-up pages.

What's happening is that the pop up page CANNOT appear on top of the current page. (That's why it shows up when you nagivate to it, but not when you use SHOW_PAGE.)

Our Forms 3 applications generally have anywhere from 4 to 9 pages on screen at any one time, overlaid one on top of another or taking up different parts of the screen. Generally each block gets one or more pages, depending on the particular applicaion. Unless the block has borders on it (for alerts and such), this is invisible to the user.

---
Michael Nolan, Sysop for the DBMS RoundTable on GEnie
nolan_at_notes.tssi.com, dbms_at_genie.geis.com
(posted from nolan_at_helios.unl.edu)