Re: Forms: Placing data in a multi-record block

From: Denzer_Volker <ddt_at_dsun10.hmi.de>
Date: 21 Dec 1994 11:54:21 +0100

SMMCKIBB_at_bcsc02.gov.bc.ca writes:

>Q: In Forms, how do I place data into a multi-record block?
> Two observations:
>
> - 'FETCH results_cur INTO :dup.results' will always fill
> the first record of any multi-record item.

No, it always fills the CURRENT record in the multi-record item. (BTW: every block is a multi record-block [as far as i know].) That means, if you have several Fetches you have to put 'GO_BLOCK('dup'); next_record;' between them. (remember to go back to your previous field at the end of the trigger, and remember that GO_BLOCK is a restricted procedure.

> - 'FETCH results_cur INTO :dup.results(i)' is rejected by
> the compiler.

use: GO_BLOCK('dup'); GO_RECORD(i);

     FETCH results_cur INTO :dup.results; instead.

Greetings,
  Volker Received on Wed Dec 21 1994 - 11:54:21 CET

Original text of this message