TRIGGERS and DBMS ALERT Package

From: George <ghharrac_at_ouray.Denver.Colorado.EDU>
Date: 20 Dec 1994 19:03:32 GMT

HELP :-( I am using a database trigger that fires off when a tuple(row) is deleted from a database table. The trigger then uses the DBMS ALERT package to clean up other tables. But there is a problem !

  1. When the trigger ( DELETE on ROW) is is activated very slowly the Alert package wakes up the unix application based on its SID and all functions properly.
  2. ERROR!!! When the trigger is fired in rapid sucession from massive deletes. The unix application is not started for each delete and thus table cleanups are incomplete.

I do not know if this problem is due to the trigger not fireing for all of the deletes, or the DBMS ALERT PACKAGE>

If you can help, have suggestions or experience with this issue please email me at:

ghharrac_at_neodata.com
  or
ghharrac_at_ouray.denver.colorado.edu

THANKS in ADV :-) Received on Tue Dec 20 1994 - 20:03:32 CET

Original text of this message