Re: [Q] Format of Archive redo logs ?

From: Dave Jordan <jordan_at_pt5026.pto.ford.com>
Date: 20 Dec 1994 13:48:09 GMT

Rashpal Singh writes:

>Does someone know format of Archive redo log files ? Supposedly,
>there is an undocumented command which can be used to "dump"
>an ascii representation of an Archive redo log to a trace file.
>I need to decipher information in the redo logs.
>Any comments appreciated.

There is a third party product "SQL*Trax" that does just that. It was written by someone who used to work for Oracle and knows the format. His Log Analyzer will generates reports and will show you the log stream in "real time". It is advertized to help with point-in-time recovery as well as trend analysis, debuging PL/SQL triggers, change replication, auditing, and predictive space management. I haven't used it myself, but it looks good on paper. The company is: TurnStone Software

                 Ph: (415)851-9576
                 Fax:(415)851-9574

David Jordan Received on Tue Dec 20 1994 - 14:48:09 CET

Original text of this message