Re: ASYNC access to ORACLE

From: dany brown <danny.brown_at_upl.com>
Date: 16 Dec 1994 16:23:51 GMT

sb63_at_konichiwa.cc.columbia.edu (Semyon Basin) wrote:

> Hi, Netters!
> Does anyone know if asynchronous access is possible when you access ORACLE 7?
> I'd like to submit a query and i do not want to wait until results are
> generated. Instead i'd like to be notified in some way so i could connect
> to a database again and get my results.
> Thanx in advance to all who reply.
> P.S. We have SQL*NET V2 and ORACLE 7.0.16 running on Dec Ultrix.
> I'll gladly give more info if needed.

You can set spool in the beginning of the sql script and spool off at the end of the sql script.

Then type nohup sqlplus -silent start xxx user/pass &

This will cause a sql script to run after you log off and the results will be in the spooled file.

Read the sql*plus User's guide and reference manual for information on how to do this.

Danny Received on Fri Dec 16 1994 - 17:23:51 CET

Original text of this message