Re: How I can do version control in CDE

From: Slurton <slurton_at_aol.com>
Date: 15 Dec 1994 22:10:29 -0500

In article <3blcb9$239_at_newsbf01.news.aol.com>, tedfc_at_aol.com (Ted FC) writes:

Ted,

     I too had the same problem. I have recently changed jobs, for the better, but in my previous job we looked at a product available through Oracle Government consultants called Oracle Trakker. This product uses the PVCS as a configuration tool but adds some functionality. If you are still interested contact a Rober (Ben) Benoit at (703)708-6891. An oriental girl named Suzan may answer but just ask for Ben.

I am also interested in your research because what I found that is really lacking with the Oracle*CASE tools no matter what version is that they do not to Configuration management to what I would call the Object level. I have found that when I am ready to version the CASE product will make a copy of the entire application. Well what if I just want to track the changes to an Entity and see what it looked like 2 weeks ago, and maybe put just that entity back to the way it was. I cannot do it with the CASE product without making far to many versions of an application system.

The point is that I should be able to track the Deltas at the Object level in Oracle*CASE and not at the application system level.

Sincerly

Scott A. Lurton

Senior Scientist
Computer Resource Management, Inc.
Herndon, VA
USA Received on Fri Dec 16 1994 - 04:10:29 CET

Original text of this message