Re: Problems using Oracle libraries from HP shared library

From: Marc Sabatella <marc_at_sde.hp.com>
Date: 14 Dec 1994 23:46:14 GMT

ms_at_mlc-ratingen.de wrote:

> We made the same obeservation. We tracked it down with HP support and
> learned that it is not possible to use shared libs that have references to
> static libs.

This is certainly not true in general; you just have to be careful to make sure all references are indeed resolved at link time. This sometmes may require use of appropriate "-u" linker options, but this should not normally be necessary, and does not appear to be in this case, so I have no idea why it isn't working. I suppose it couldn't hurt to try, though.

--
Marc Sabatella
marc_at_sde.hp.com