SQL vs ProC

From: Barry Roomberg <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 1994 14:47:00 -0500

-> I have an SQL script which performs a simple select from two tables,
-> each having more than 30,000 records. Some of the system's users
-> complain about it's slow performance. So, I was thinking of
-> rewriting the program in ProC. Can I expect a substantial increase in
-> speed by doing this? It seems to me that I would only see better
-> performance if updates or several iterations were being done.

The PRO-C will only exec your SQL, and will not speed it ap at all. Optimize your SQL, add indexes if necessary, use explain plan, alter position of tables, make sure you are not disabling indexes.

Internet: barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com (Barry Roomberg)