Connecting as internal across SQL*Net v1.

From: David <dip_at_mod.dsto.gov.au>
Date: 8 Dec 1994 04:53:07 GMT

Oracle v7.1.3
SQL*Net v1
SunOS 4.1.3

Hi All,

I'm having a few problems connecting as internal over SQL*Net 1 and since Oracle support don't seem to have a solution I'm just wondering if anyone of you out there may have had the same problem and knows how to solve it.

The problem is when trying to connect as internal over the network (SQL*Net 1) I get the error:

  SQLDBA> connect internal
  Password:
  ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

If though I'm on the server running Oracle and the enviroment variable TWO_TASK is unset I am able to connect as internal (and no password is prompted for).

I have set the remote_os_authent and remote_os_roles oracle variables to be true in the init.ora file for the db and shutdown and restarted the db but still no luck.

So does anyone have any ideas (as Oracle support doesn't :( )?

Thanks
Dave

David Perkovic
dip_at_mod.dsto.gov.au <- prefered
perkovic_at_cleese.apana.org.au Received on Thu Dec 08 1994 - 05:53:07 CET

Original text of this message