Re: Looking for an inexpensive ER drawing tool

From: Jon Kvisli <kvisli_at_tdh.no>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 1994 16:43:43

>In article <3c009u$37i_at_usenet.rpi.edu>, hoffma_at_rpi.edu (Adam Hoffman) writes:

>|> Hello.
>|> My client is looking for an inexpensive tool in which to draw ER diagrams.
>|> They don't need to generate any scripts just be able to draw entities
>|> and their relationships. The tool needs to run on Windows for Workgroups
>|> 3.11. Any input would be appreciated.

I have been using the tool Modellator 3.1 for Windows for about half a year. It's developed by a Norwegian company called "MetodeData a.s". Modellator is an excellent, easy-to-learn and relative inexpencive tool for drawing ER-models. Supports several ER-notations, and is able to generate SQL-scripts for several different DBMS (Sybase, Oracle, Ingres, SQL-92 ....)

My current version is Norwegian, but maybe they also have an international (english) version?? Try calling MetodeData a.s at +47 67 13 81 97 or fax: +47 67 13 81 47. (Adress is: Stubbraatan 18, N-1352 Kolsaas, Norway).

jon.kvisli_at_tdh.no
- Norway, the cradle of skiing and OO-programming - Received on Wed Dec 07 1994 - 16:43:43 CET

Original text of this message