Re: Pro*C undefined symbol: __cg92_used

From: <jschmidt_at_connect.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 94 20:49:15

In article <3ado4u$djq_at_popeye.jsc.nasa.gov>, <bhennan_at_popeye.jsc.nasa.gov>
writes:
news.connect.net!news.sprintlink.net!howland.reston.ans.net!math.o hio-state.edu
!darwin.sura.net!news.sesqui.net!bti!popeye.jsc.nasa.gov!bhennan
> From: bhennan_at_popeye.jsc.nasa.gov (Bob Hennan)
> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle
> Subject: Pro*C undefined symbol: __cg92_used
> Date: 16 Nov 1994 19:56:14 GMT
> Sender: bhennan_at_popeye (Bob Hennan)
>
> I'm getting an undefined symbol __cg92_used in my Pro*C
 application, from the
> libsql.a library. I believe that cg92 is a Sun
 compiler-specific option.

> I'm running on Solaris 2.3 with Oracle 7.1.3 and CenterLine
 and/or gcc (No
> Sun compiler).

If you look at the sample make files that come with Oracle...

I believe you will find them in $ORACLE_HOME/proc/c and I also recollect
the file name is sample.mk...

You should see the correct flag which I believe to be -xcg92.

Unfortunately ORACLE changes the libraries and switches from release
to release and from port to port.

I recommend that you create an oracle.mk make include file that you update on release/host basis that contains compiler switches
and ORACLE libraries.

Write back if you need examples of such make files. Good luck. Received on Sat Dec 03 1994 - 20:49:15 CET

Original text of this message