FORMS40 LOV date formatting

From: Michael Stowe <Michael.Stowe_at_f573.n115.z1.fidonet.org>
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 94 11:42:04 -0600

  • Quoting Cfischer_at_Beach.Utmb.Edu to All dated 11-30-94 ***
    > I haven't gotten any responses on this one, other than someone else who
    > wants to know how to do this too. Does this mean that no one else needs to
    > do this or it isn't possible (or nobody cares)?

It's possible that many consider the question trivial (no offense, but it isn't that hard) or that the average response time on the net isn't quick enough (many people just don't want to wait a week, or don't read the answer when it comes in.) It is possible, and people do care.

For my part, I've seen the answer posted a dozen times over the past year. Simply, use the TO_CHAR(date_value, 'MM/DD/YY') function when defining the list of values.

Depending on the version of forms, specific implementation issues differ widely. Received on Fri Dec 02 1994 - 18:42:04 CET

Original text of this message