Re: Oracle*Mail - unix mail

From: Richard Avery <Richard.Avery.cnt40791_at_nt.com>
Date: 1 Dec 1994 11:32:14 GMT

In article <3b3e6k$1iv_at_grivel.une.edu.au>, wbastow_at_neumann.une.edu.au (Wayne Bastow) wrote:

> We are about to start using Alert in Oracle Financials. There is an option to
> use Oracle*Mail with Alert. We currently use Pine for our mail package and
> would prefer to use it over Oracle*Mail. Has anyone had any experiences with
> building gateways between Oracle*Mail and unix mail?
>
> Wayne Bastow
> wbastow_at_neumann.une.edu.au

Wayne,

we are using Oracle Alert under Unix. I am not clued up on pine, we use sendmail. Theer is no configuration or gateway writing needed. Oracle Mail on Unix comes with a pre-defined UNIX gateway.

We therefore place the internet email address of a user into the email field on the FND_USER table (via \Navigate Security User under sysadmin), preceded by UNIX: - this directs Oracle mail to pass the message to Unix for routing. Normal SMTP protocol then applies.

Let me know if I can give you any more specific information.

Richard Avery Received on Thu Dec 01 1994 - 12:32:14 CET

Original text of this message