Re: can a PL/SQL procedure return multiple records ?

From: Sandor Nieuwenhuijs <snieuwen_at_nl.oracle.com>
Date: 28 Nov 1994 13:19:19 GMT

Sy Jerry (SYJERRY_at_duq3.cc.duq.edu) wrote:

: subject says it all. can I write a PL/SQL procedure (or function)
: that will return multiple records ? (like a select returns multiple
: rows)

Yes you can, using 'TABLE' types as OUT parameters. But first consider why you'd want to do this, in Oracle there is hardly ever need for it. Some database systems require you to do so, becauase of some performance reasons.

Sandor Nieuwenhuijs
Oracle Netherlands

  • These opinions (if any) are just mine. I do not represent Oracle ---
  • Corporation in this Posting ---