Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 1994 06:42:14 GMT

Simon Stow (sstow_at_uk.oracle.com) wrote:
: In this industry, more than any other, we all have to compete in a
: global environment. I work for Oracle developing Oracle products in
: the United Kingdom. Here we employ many people with passports from
: many different countries: we even employ Americans on the UK

: equivalent of H-1 visas.

: I know that in Oracle offices all around the world, from Moscow to
: Malaysia, from Brazil to Bracknell, there are many US citizens. I do
: not believe that their presence is resented. I suspect, but cannot
: prove, that there are many more US citizens working for Oracle in other
: countries than there are non-US citizens working for Oracle in the
: US.

: We all now have to compete in a global market for software
: engineering skills. The internet reflects that. God knows I see
: enough postings for DBA jobs in states of the US that I have never
: even heard of. I relish that challenge. I'm sorry you don't.

: Nobody ever won by not competing. If they did Albania would be the
: most powerful nation on the planet by now.

Surprisingly, Japan is a resource poor island, in the Pacific Ocean. They don't have any official immigration, and are the envy of the modern Industrial World. No Non-Green card Indians, no illegal aliens, and not 850,000 of the third world immigrating each year, and they still compete with the best of them. Tell that to Albania - the problem ain't with their immigration policy. Received on Mon Nov 28 1994 - 07:42:14 CET

Original text of this message