Re: Oracle and Non-Green Card Indians

From: David Smith at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo <smith_at_netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 1994 06:10:34 GMT

David.Heller_at_sybase.com wrote:

: To Mr. David Smith:

: Perhaps if your spelling and/or proofreading skills were better,
: you might have more success in finding a job. You might want to
: have somebody edit your resume or c.v. before you apply for a job.

Isn't it sad that those with tiny minds, can only deal with spelling, and not concepts.

: In article <smithCz3G7C.K86_at_netcom.com>, <smith_at_netcom.com> writes:

: > I no that Oracle only hires non-green card Indians as contractors and prefers
: ^^
: Also, you seem, IMHO, to express some sense of entitlement to a job
David Heller, unable to defend or argue for the importation of Indians, in addition to the 900,000 legal immigrants to the U.S. each year via some bogus H-1 loophole, can only desperately point to spelling errors as his reason it should be allowed. You're bankrupt Davey.

: A job is a privilege, not a right, in a free-market system. While
: I agree that it's a shame that market forces may be driving or
: holding computer industry wages down in some technical jobs, you must
: realize that units of labor can be treated as economic goods that
: fluctuate in price because of changes in supply and demand.

There's 800 million Indians, and 1.2 Billion Chinese in this world David, and there are undoubtedly, several MILLION who can do your job, however mundane and insignificant it may be, better than you. Step aside lad and make way for someone smarter than you who will work for less. In other words, your time has come, rhetorical one.

: Perhaps you should further your studies in economics, as well as in
: English, to improve your chances of getting the job of your choice.

It has to be that I don't have a job doesn't it. Everyone is like David Heller, only concerned with their own behind, and not with moral issues. Sorry Davey, but you're a big boy now, and you will have to learn to deal with issues, not spelling errors, if you want to be taken seriously by any outside the brainwashed yuppie java sippers of your ilk.

: My opinions may not reflect those of my employer.

David "I hope to be hired by Oracle Corporation some day" Heller Received on Sat Nov 26 1994 - 07:10:34 CET

Original text of this message