HELP : C++ to Oracle Interface on SCO UNIX

From: Andrea Ching Hsien Warrington <awarring_at_malibu.sfu.ca>
Date: 24 Nov 1994 23:12:01 GMT

I cannot post the following article from my company's machine due to some configuration problems. So I borrowed my friend's account to do this. Here it goes:

Greetings,

I am currently working on a project using OO C++, Oracle 7 developing client-server applications on SCO Unix platform. We are not satisfied with the cumbersome interfaces between the C++ objects and Oracle SQL structures.

At the current stage, we need to do three mappings in order to get to the database: First, a mapping from C++ object to C structures. Second, from C structures to Oracle Pro*C structures, then to the stored procedures.

We are wondering if there's any commercial product that can do the trick. We have come across several products, like DB.h++, DBtools.h++, but cannot use them because they either don't suppor SQLnet, or don't run on SCO UNIX. We've heard ILOG from a company in France, but don't have enough information about them.

Please direct your responses to zhu_at_mda.ca since I don't subscribe to this group. If there's enough info, I'll post a summary later.

Thanks,

Hongwen Zhu

Software Engineer, MacDonald Dettwiler & Assoc. Richmond, B.C., Canada email: zhu_at_mda.ca Received on Fri Nov 25 1994 - 00:12:01 CET

Original text of this message