Re: Oracle/PowerBuilder users?

From: Dan Fox <dan_fox_at_ccmail.gsfc.nasa.gov>
Date: 22 Nov 1994 14:14:00 GMT

In article <3agdo6$m5i_at_dcsun4.us.oracle.com>, dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com (Dennis Moore) says:

>I want to hear from people who are concerned about the continued likely
>openness of PowerBuilder, or lack thereof, particularly as it concerns the
>Oracle7 database. Oracle would like to assess what we can do to help you
>maintain your existing investments in the two products, as well as to provide
>you with options such as moving smoothly and inexpensively to CDE2.

If you want to do something useful, please talk to someone about making SQL*Net a little less hostile. I don't see the use of it in the first place (I mean technically, not its utility in extracting two hundred bucks a pop from your customer base). And I've _never_ gotten it up in less than 90 minutes a user. My company won't spend the money to send me to training for this, and frankly I don't think that they should have to.

Sorry for being off-topic. We now return you to the regularly scheduled discussion of why dwmodify() is so arcane.

--dan fox Received on Tue Nov 22 1994 - 15:14:00 CET

Original text of this message