DB_WRITERS, ASYNC_WRITE & RAID ??

From: Steve <rp1399_at_email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 1994 16:54:00 GMT

According to O'Reilly Oracle performance tuning,

looks like DB_WRITERS is a good parameter to set greater than 1 if you use raw devices, however I would guess it would interfear if you are using a logical volume manager??

Also it looks like our HP supports ASYNC_WRITE and ASYN_IO, consequently setting these both to true in the init.ora should yield a 15% improvment.

We currently have ORACLE 7.1.3, and the HP logical volume manager addressing our RAID disks.
We may change to raw devices in the future.

Anyone had experience with this?

Thanks,
Steve Lemme
Oracle DBA/ VAX Systems Manager