Re: Pro*C 2.03.0.0 hanging

From: Eric Mortensen <mortens_at_cibadiag.com>
Date: 16 Nov 1994 12:58:17 GMT

In article <3ab6il$dqr_at_cronkite.Central.Sun.COM>, mike_at_kcsun.central.sun.com ((Mike Summers- SE Kansas City)) writes:
|> I'm having a problem with a port from Oracle6 to 7.1.3.00- the Pro*C compiler hangs
|> compiling modules that worked fine under 6. There is nothing apparently wrong with the environment (Solaris 2.3 is the OS)... has anyone else seen this?
|>
|> Thanks in advance, Mike

We are having the same problem. The problem does not seem to be a Pro*C problem, but a general problem in Sun where after rebuilding the same object file over several times, the executable will hang. We found that if we remove the effected object, exacutable files and rebuild it from scratch that the problem went away temporarly. We are running Oracle7 v7.1.3 on Solaris 2.3.

Eric Mortensen
mortens_at_cibadiag.com Received on Wed Nov 16 1994 - 13:58:17 CET

Original text of this message