sqlldr (6) problems - unable to write to log file?

From: Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_cc.swarthmore.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 1994 09:06:00 -0500

I am using sqlldr to load data into a table on a v6 Oracle database running on a DEC Ultrix system. Previously, I was able to load data into several other tables using sqlldr. Now, I get the following error:

   SQL*Loader: Version 1.1.8.0.1 - Production on Fri Nov 11 08:43:21 1994

   Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1979, 1992. All rights reserved.

   SQL*Loader-519: Error 0 writing to log file (swarthmore_npanxx.bad)

This happens no matter whether I am running as root, oracle, or myself. I have checked permissions on the directory and everything looks OK. The *.bad file does get created, but it is 0 bytes after this error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Glenn Stauffer
Swarthmore College DBA Received on Fri Nov 11 1994 - 15:06:00 CET

Original text of this message