Oracle 6 and dBASE 5.0 connectivity

From: Timur Kanaatov <ktimur_at_unlinfo.unl.edu>
Date: 10 Nov 1994 21:36:30 GMT

  • Here is what I have: Oracle 6 Server software running under OS/2 2.1 SQL*Net for OS/2 (Version 1.??) Oracle 5.1 (DOS) Client Software SQL*Net for DOS (also early version) dBASE 5.0 for Windows Borland SQL Link Software Novell Netware 3.11 Novell Requester dor OS/2 v 2.0

Here is what I am trying to do:
Connect dBASE to Oracle Server.

Here is what I get:
When I run dBASE on a separate machine and try to connect to Oracle Server through NetBIOS it works just fine. I can do everything that I am supposed to be able to. Now I am trying to run both the Server and the Client on the same machine under OS/2 and that's where I get nothing. It just does not want to connect. Does anybody have any experience in what I am trying to accomplish. I am pretty new to the whole area so may be I am doing something that Borland did not have in mind but still... Please, help. Any comments or suggestion would be greately appreciated.

Timur Kanaatov
ktimur_at_unlinfo.unl.edu Received on Thu Nov 10 1994 - 22:36:30 CET

Original text of this message