Re: SQL*Loader for Oracle 7

From: Henry Harrison <hharriso_at_tdc.dircon.co.uk>
Date: 10 Nov 1994 15:02:10 GMT

Joseph Benjamin R. Ilagan (jrilagan_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_DOMAIN_FILE) wrote:
: Has anyone encountered problems with SQL*Loader for Oracle7 when
: uploading data from dBASE files straight? Please let me know.

: jrilagan_at_admu.edu.ph (Joseph Benjamin R. Ilagan)

Yes, I have had this. I believe that it is a known problem that on occasions a direct load will fail against a dbf file. This happens entirely randomly.

When a dbf file fails to load directly, you will have to use the conventional load. This has always worked in my experience.

Hope this helps. Received on Thu Nov 10 1994 - 16:02:10 CET

Original text of this message