InfoSysAssoc

From: Kevin Michael Conley <kmconley_at_tuba.aix.calpoly.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 1994 04:45:39 GMT

Hello there,

  I am facing a similar problem. I am a student at Cal Poly San Luis Obispo working on a similar project. I have two PC's hooked up TCP/IP to an HP Appollo 700 with Oracle 6.0. I have Orasrv listening as evidenced by netstat, but can't seem to get SQL*Net on the PC side to connect to the correct IP address. I can do an rloginvt from the PC so I know the TCP/IP is fuctioning. When I run the ipconfig.sys show or SQLDBA for the PC side, I either get a 'cannot attach to default host' message, or Driver version and Kerel do not match.   When I run a remora list, I only see the driver installed. Is there a possibility that I need to install the Kernel? and if so how or where can I find it (or about it)?
  Any suggestions or suggested literature would be greatly appreciated.

        Thanks,

		Kevin Conley
		Bus/MIS Student