Oracle or Sybase?

From: <philt_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 9 Nov 1994 18:12:08 GMT

Hi,

To choose a DBMS vendor as a long term corporate partner is often a tough thing to do. We have recently come to this stage and need to make decision to go with either Oracle or Sybase. I have seen a lot of ads out there claiming one product suprior to another but have not had a chance seeing any report doing head to head comparison between the two in the real world. I was wondering if there was a thread going on regarding this before. If not, I would like to start the discussion in the following categoris and will summarize if there is enough reponse and interest.

   cost (short and long term)
   Performance

         transaction processing
         complex query processing
         large volumn data processing

   resource usage (memory,cpu)
   DBA task complexity (learning curve)
   tech support
   third party products

Thank you.

Phil Tsao Received on Wed Nov 09 1994 - 19:12:08 CET

Original text of this message