C++ with Dynamic SQL

From: Raghunath Valluri <raghu_at_crl.com>
Date: 9 Nov 1994 10:07:31 -0800

We are in the design phase for our CASE code generator on UNIX and plan to generate C++ access routines that will use a database library that we will write using dynamic SQL. We are doing this even though we have all information on the tables and access required at compile time, since we want to generate C++ instead of C and embedded SQL. We cannot embed SQL in C++ beacuse of Pro*C limitations.

Our initial prototyping efforts have yielded success. I would like to know if anyone out there has done something similar and has any issues that we should weigh out before adopting this approach. Any response will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance. Please post replies to the group or send email to rnv_at_synon.com

Thanks

Raghu
(rnv_at_synon.com) Received on Wed Nov 09 1994 - 19:07:31 CET

Original text of this message