Re: Mac and ODBC

From: Paul Mergener <pmerge_at_pacersoft.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 1994 08:56:46 -0400

In article <Cysu1o.97x_at_mv.mv.com>, pmiller_at_mv.mv.com (Paul Miller) wrote:

> I read most of the discussion recently about ODBC drivers for Oracle but
> I missed one thing:
>
> is there a third-party ODBC driver for the Macintosh the supports Oracle
> that DOES NOT require SQL*Net?

Yes. There are several middleware solutions available in addition to SQL*Net. They include HyperStar from VMark/Constellation, EDA/SQL from Informantion Builders, SequeLink from Techgnosis and the DAL Server for Unix from Pacer Software. The client for the Pacer solution can use DAL and/or ODBC and is available for both Mac and Windows platforms. If you would like more information on DAL/ODBC solution from Pacer please send me email at the address below.

Paul Mergener
Pacer Software                  "Keeping You Well Connected"
pmerge_at_pacersoft.com
508-898-3300                     FAX 508-366-1356