unique or distinct?

From: Michael Baer <msbaer_at_cast.msstate.edu>
Date: 3 Nov 1994 17:41:57 GMT

I have been looking at the oracle manuals and I see that I can select using unique or distinct. I wrote a script that used both and the one with distinct *seemed* to work faster. What is the difference between them.

On another note, I think the newsgroup should be split into articles of interest to myself and articles that do not interest me :) Maybe:

comp.databases.oracle
comp.databases.oracle.mike

So if you could please read my mind before posting and post to the correct newsgroup I would really appreciate it.

Mike Baer
msbaer_at_cast.msstate.edu
Mississippi State University
Center for Air Sea Technology

Opinions expressed are solely my own. Received on Thu Nov 03 1994 - 18:41:57 CET

Original text of this message