Re: Problem with table SYSTEM.HELP

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 1 Nov 94 18:55:32 EST

In article <1NOV94.20360943_at_leon.cti.gr>, kartez_at_leon.cti.gr writes:
> Hi there,
> There's a problem with the table SYSTEM.HELP. When we made an
> import of the Entire Database, this specific table was doubled at size
> (every line is shown twice). So we've thought of this solution:
> Dropping the table and then making an import of this specific table.
> Can we drop this table? Are there any better solutions?
> Please contact at: kartez_at_cti.gr
> Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, dropping the table and recreating it is the easiest thing to do. There are scripts provided by Oracle to create the table. After dropping the table,

	_at_ora_sqlplus:helpins			(VMS)
		Note: this script assumes your SYSTEM password is MANAGER

	setenv SYSTEM_PASS system/manager	(UNIX c-shell)
	$ORACLE_HOME/bin/helpins
		Note: replace 'manager' with your SYSTEM password
--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285