Re: Case 5.1 availability?

From: Jeff Jacobs <jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1 Nov 1994 18:20:41 GMT

In <392j7n$72m_at_osiris.wu-wien.ac.at> Rony.Flatscher_at_wu-wien.ac.at writes:

>Jeff:
>
>Are you saying that Oracle bought exclusively into MS-development tools
>(MFC-class library) and hence is totally relying on the mercy of MS to port
>their development tools to other operating systems ? So, Unix-shops should
>start to migrate to the IMHO more than suboptimal Windows-environment and
>sacrificing Unix (and all investments into it) for that matter ?
>
>Or did I misunderstand your statement, that CASE would be migrated to Windows
>only, starting with the next major (?) release of it ?
>
>---rony

For CDE2 CASE, that sums it up. For the other CDE2 tools (Forms, Reports, etc), UNIX will not be the first tier platform.

UNIX will almost certainly continue to be the *server* of choice for Oracle, but if you want to be at the forefront, the client side choice is clearly Windows.

-JJ

 Jeffrey Jacobs & Associates
 Oracle CASE Consulting and Training
 951-2 Old Country Road, Suite 119
 Belmont, CA 94002
 Voice: 415-571-7092
 FAX: 800-665-1379
 CompuServe: 76702,456
 Internet: jjacobs_at_well.com
 Internet: jmjacobs_at_ix.netcom.com   Received on Tue Nov 01 1994 - 19:20:41 CET

Original text of this message