SQL*Net 1.1.7 with MS 32 bit TCP/IP

From: Qun Li <qun_at_Data-IO.COM>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 18:40:14 GMT

Hi,

I just want to foolow up the article made early by Joe Halpin for the discussion about the Microsoft 32 bit TCP/IP. Thanks for the help of Joe Halpin, We made it not only through the SQL*Net TCP/IP 2.0 but also with SQL*Net 1.1.7. Again, the key issue is reinstall your SQL*Net to choose a winsock product as the TCP Vendor (rather than Microsoft TCP/IP 1.0). Therefore, the installation will pick up the right sockets and DLLs. Interesting enough, the connection response is faster through SQL*Net V1.1.7 than through SQL*Net V2.0.14. I haven't gotten V2.0.15 yet. So I don't know the comparsion with V2.0.15.

  • Qun Li Qun_at_Data-IO.com