Re: Friendly Text handling in SQL*Forms 3.0

From: Kim Ng <kimmng_at_pebbles.uswnvg.com>
Date: 27 Oct 1994 19:20:37 GMT

Have you considered turning on "auto skip" in the field attributes. Of you will then have to re-define "key-nxtfld" as, I believe, that's the trigger that get called when user reached the end of the field. I only used this feature once about 1 or 2 years ago so I am not very sure. Keep in mind that it will not do any formating for you. You or the user will have to do it.

Have fun.

 Kim Ng
 (Just a low life contract programmer. Thus, my clients won't adopt my views.)

Gary71 (gary71_at_aol.com) wrote:

: I am in search of an advanced algorithm for handling paragraphs of
: text in Forms 3.0. I have developed a method for fetching and word-
: wrapping a 2000 character string into a multi-record block, allowing
: the user to modify it, and then updating the database.

: My problem is that forms 3.0 does not have a friendly input/update
: method for multiple lines of text. I have used userexits to dump the
: text to a file and then edit it using any unix editor. But I would like
: to keep it in forms.

: I am aware of forms 4.0's capabilities, but many companies that I
: deal with are not ready to upgrade.

: Thanks in advance for any suggestions.