Fomrs 4.0 distribution.

From: Karel Jankovsky <karel_at_rice.edu>
Date: 26 Oct 1994 14:15:00 GMT

Hi!

We are starting to analyze the possibility of using Forms 4.0 within our user community and there are several questions that we are trying to find answers for. Any help and direction in this regard will be greatly appreciated. Our user environment has VAX VMS (at present) as a server machine and MACs, PCs and Suns as clients.

  1. Are we going to be able to place a SINGLE copy of Forms 4.0 executable for each type of hardware, i.e., VAX, MAC, PC and SUN on some fileserver or does it have to reside on each individual machine?
  2. How about Forms 4.0 software? Hopefully, it does not have to be on each machine.
  3. SQL*Net 2.0? Hopefully, it too does not have to be on each machine. We are aware that each machine will run it.

We hope that having a single copy (or at least not everything on each machine) will reduce the maintenance of this configuration. How are other Oracle clients handling this?

Thanks, Karel.

Karel Jankovsky             karel_at_rice.edu
DBA                                Rice University,  Houston, Texas