Format dates in Forms 4.0

From: <diez_at_rediris.es>
Date: 24 Oct 94 17:20:22 +0100

That's the problem:

I'm working with a date field in FORMS 4.0.13.15.0 with a format like DD/MM/YYYY (the date comes from a table). This format works good if i fill it with the EXACT format i especified, for example 12/12/1994, but if i fill it with the date like 12121994, it understands the date like 12/21/0094, because it overwrites positions 3th and 6th with the slashes especified in the format.

But this is not the end, because i can fill it with 12j12j1994 and understand the correct date. It doesn't matter if the character used between the day and the month and between the month and the year is '/' or any other one.

In FORMS 3.0 i can fill the date like 12121994 or 12/12/1994, because it applies the format when i leave the field, and it understands 12/12/1994 in both cases.

We ask for this to our support in Spain, but they said it was an improvement for dates in this version. Is this an improvement?. Is there any way to manage the format of the dates in FORMS 4.0 like in FORMS 3.0?.

Thanks.

Mario D¡ez (Email miguel.diez_at_sociol.es) Centro de Investigaciones Sociol¢gicas
c/ Montalb n, 8
28014 - Madrid
Spain Received on Mon Oct 24 1994 - 17:20:22 CET

Original text of this message