Oraperl 2.4 and Oracle 7.0.15

From: BARRY ROOMBERG <barry.roomberg_at_compudata.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 94 08:55:00 -0400

-> I'm getting a Oracle 1405 error because oraperl doesn't use indicator
-> values when accessing NULL fields (previously it was an Oracle 1722
-> error).

I went through some serious pain and suffering when I went from O6 -> O7 and had to relink perl/oraperl. I'm on SCO Unix, and NOTHING would work. The links would fail due to lib problems, and then when I straightened that out, the regression tests for fail in BIGNUM lib. I reverted back to a very old version of PERL, and then used GCC instead of the SCO MS C compiler. I then added patches and recompiled, testing each one. The last one I could get to work was Patch Level 35. I'm sticking with this until I'm forced to move again. Received on Fri Oct 21 1994 - 13:55:00 CET

Original text of this message