Re: MS Query??

From: Shaggy D <shaggyd_at_aol.com>
Date: 20 Oct 1994 12:12:05 -0400

In article <902_at_dprmpt.dataprompt.com>, cindy_at_dprmpt.dataprompt.com (Cynthia Mumford) writes:

> ...we've looked around a little and can't
find out what MS Query is or where to find it.

MS Query comes with the latest version of Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) if you make sure you install the database options under cusomized install. Once you have this, you will still need to have SQL*Net for your protocol (i.e. TCP/IP) installed on the machine you have MS Query installed on as well as the correct ODBC driver (Oracle does not provide it that I know of) from someone like Q+E (or whatever they are called now). A good ODBC driver pack is offered from Q+E and is called "Q+E ODBC Pack" of all things. They can be reached at 919-859-2220 in the U.S.

Hope helps,
Eric Dirst
Trident Systems Received on Thu Oct 20 1994 - 17:12:05 CET

Original text of this message