Connecting with Concentric's Report Writer

From: Rickcah <rickcah_at_aol.com>
Date: 17 Oct 1994 23:37:16 -0400

What is the secret to actually finding the Oracle tables on a remote database using Report Writer by Concentric Systems. I use Q+E, PowerMaker, etc so I have some experience in connect strings and interface drivers. With Report Writer I get as far as a 'User:' prompt. The documentation says to use the interface type <T:> for our TCP/IP, host name, User ID, Password. I have tried most combinations of syntax, what I feel is correct <T:host:database:user> and then my password. The program seems to accept this, but always gives me an Oracle 942 error with an explanation along the lines of 'Unable to find views or tables'.

All help is very much appreciated.

Rick         Received on Tue Oct 18 1994 - 04:37:16 CET

Original text of this message