Re: C++ OCI calls

From: Greg Aldridge <galdridg_at_iquest.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 1994 16:33:33 GMT

In article <CxKLy5.7w1_at_world.std.com>, dataware_at_world.std.com (Dataware Solutions) says:

>I'm trying to convert a few PRO*C programs to C++ using OCI what is
>the best way to call the OCI functions? Can they be embedded right
>in the C++ code or do they have to be in a C compiled module? I'm
>really looking for a few pointers on how to approach this. Any help
>will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Jeff

You can make OCI calls directly in C++ code. However, I would recommend building/buying a good framework which hides the complexity of OCI from the C++ programmer. It is not very efficient to have to teach every developer OCI. Also you don't want to be thinking about OCI details while writing application code any more that you would want to juggle the Windows API or Mac toolbox while developing the application. OCI is the appropriate tool to use with C++ however. Trying to implement a C++ class library with Pro*C would be a disaster. If you have any questions about this feel free to E-mail me (galdridg_at_iquest.net) Received on Sun Oct 16 1994 - 17:33:33 CET

Original text of this message