RUN_PRODUCT Performance suck!

From: Kenneth Ho <kenho_at_hk.super.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 1994 13:12:50 GMT

Hi, Oracle gurus

Sorry for reposting article, because I did not get any response.

I have installed some of my applications (written in Forms 4.0.12 and Reports 2.0.13, under MS Windows) on my client sites. And I was told that it takes quite a long time (more than 30 seconds) to call up a report from the menu pad. (The menu pad just contain 1 line of PL/SQL: Run_Product(REPORTS, ...))

My client find it is really unacceptable!!

Can anyone tell me has Forms 4.0.13 fix this problem? If not, how should I deal with it?

Any pointer will be *greatly* appreciated.

Ken

PS.
The hardware/software configuration are listed as followed: My client machine is a 486DX 33 with 8M RAM; runform and runreport is on the client machine; forms and reports executable are stored on the server. Database: Oracle 7.0.15 running under Netware 3.12 Received on Mon Oct 10 1994 - 14:12:50 CET

Original text of this message