Re: SQL*NET V2 & ODBC

From: Srinivas Gurram <sri_at_pipeline.com>
Date: 10 Oct 1994 12:46:27 -0400

Here's what we have and our solution.
ORACLE 7.0.16.6 ON SUN 2000 Running SOLARIS 2.3 SQLNET V2 LISTENER at port 1521
SQLNET V1 LISTENER at port 1525
Visual Basic as a front end
ODBC V1.1 running over SQL*NET V2.
TCPIP is Novell's Lan Workplace for DOS Version 4.1

Problem 1. SQL*Net version 1 only supports 1 connection

           from client to server.

Problem 2. We were using Chameleon NFS v4.01 and had a

           ton of problems.  Lan Workplace isn't pretty
           but works like a charm. This is my opinion
           I don't work for Novell.

Problem 3. On the server end you need to run the LSNRCTL
           program, and have the tnsnames.ora in the
           appropriate directory.

Problem 4. You need to have the tnsname.ora in the
           c:\orawin\network\admin directory. and it
           must be built using the oracle's network manager
           program.

Problem 5. Get the latest ODBC drivers from compuserv.

Problem 6. Under DOS 6.2 you should set

           CONFIG_FILES=C:\WINDOWS\ORACLE.INI and
           SET CONFIG=
Hope this Helps.        Mike and Sri

allbery_at_gvg47.gvg.tek.com (Richard L. Allbery) wrote:

>In article <Cwyt7H.IvL_at_demon.co.uk> Chris Selwyn
><chris_at_matson.demon.co.uk> writes:
>
>>Has anyone out there attempted to use SQL*NET V2 in
 conjunction with ODBC?
>>If they have could you tell me if you succeeded or not
>and if you did then how?
>
>Chris if anybody comes up with any tips or helps would
>you be kind enough to post them as I'm also in the
>throws of trying to get this to work (without much luck
>I might add). Thanks.
>
>Richard L. Allbery - MS:8L |
>allbery_at_gvg47.gvg.tek.com System Administrator IV
>| phone: 916.478.3214 The Grass Valley Group, Inc. |
 fax: 916.478.3911 13024 Bitney Springs Road
 Opinions are mine! | Grass Valley, CA 95945-1114