Re: Need info on evaluation of DBMS /evaluation criteria

From: Anton Versteeg <AV_at_VNET.IBM.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 94 13:16:15 CET

In <371862$70i_at_umbc8.umbc.edu> Curious are'nt we!!! writes:
>Urgent need of help....
>
>I am writing a document on evaluation criteria to evaluate
>DBMS such as sybase / oracle / informix.. etc...
>
>I would ***REALLY*** appreciate any help in this matter.. If anyone has ]
>information regardind any such studies/evaluations that have been carried out
>or could provide criteria for evaluation of such DBMS,
>
>Most federal agencies have done such evaluations and copies/material on
>such evaluations and the criteria wud be greatly appreciated.
>
>Even specifications of Sybase and Oracle and Informix wud be appreciated.
>Specially if someone cud list features of the packages that are distinct.

Aren't you omitting one of the largest DBMS vendors? I am a bit biased of course but the DB2 family of products is a strong contendor on many platforms (MVS, VM, OS/400, AIX, HP/UX, OS/2).

>Please email responses to agarwal_at_umbc8.umbc.edu

I'll send you some info.

>Thanx in advance
>
>Rohit

Anton Versteeg - IBM - Uithoorn Netherlands Received on Fri Oct 07 1994 - 13:16:15 CET

Original text of this message