Show the Database

From: Michael Baer <msbaer_at_cast.msstate.edu>
Date: 7 Oct 1994 13:52:38 GMT

 I am a student working as a co-op for Mississippi State University. I am also takeing a database class this semester. Where I work we have a large geophysical database using Oracle. My teacher asked me if I could show him how it was implemented. I jus > t want to write a query that will describe all of the tables and the constraints (foreign keys, primary keys, etc) on the tables. I tried the following query, but it did not even begin to work. I think that I need to optimize it somehow or maybe there i > s a better way to do this.

select unique all_constraints.table_name, column_name, data_type, constraint_name, constraint_type from all_constraints, all_tab_columns where all_constraints.table_name = all_tab_columns.table_name and all_constraints.owner = all_tab_columns.owner and all_constraints.owner = 'OPS$ORACLE'
/

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike Baer
msbaer_at_cast.msstate.edu Received on Fri Oct 07 1994 - 14:52:38 CET

Original text of this message