Access 2.0 as front-end

From: Gero Pastoors <pastoor_at_comix.uni-muenster.de>
Date: 2 Oct 1994 21:11:10 GMT

Hello everybody,

I want to develop an application on Oracle using MS-Access 2.0 as front-end tool. I intend to use ODBC an attach the tables I need for my application.

How is the performance of ODBC? Is it true that when I develop a query Access will receive all records from the server and performs the filter afterwards? Or is Access sending an SQL-statement to the Oracle-Server and receives only the required records?

Thanks for your help!

Gero

* Gero Pastoors * Pastoor_at_Uni-Muenster.de *
* Wolbecker Str. 35 * Gero_Pastoors_at_MS2.maus.de *
* 48155 Muenster * Tel. / Fax. 0251 - 66 57 87 *